sed -i 's/private/public/g' ;)

The whole notion of a strongly enforced private keyword is IMHO dumb when
not using sandboxing. The number of gross hacks that occur in an attempt to
work around overly strict enforcement of this stuff is crazy. The D
compiler has a special flag that disables visibility enforcement when
compiling unit tests, and that's a good idea, but why not go all the way
and just make accessing of private state a compiler warning a la deprecated?

I also need to use private JFX APIs. I think any real JFX app does, way too
much basic stuff relies on it. Heck, the number of popular Java libraries
that depend on sun.misc.Unsafe is huge. If Java 9 stabs us in the back in
this regard then I will just write a simple tool that flips private->public
either at the source level or via bytecode editing, and see what happens :-)