On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:40:36 +0200, Mike Hearn <m...@plan99.net> wrote:

I thought Mac OS X has a standard normalization for unicode filenames.
Linux just treats whatever it gets as bytes so it is up to the software
creating the file. Am I correct?

Looks like you are:

https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/technotes/tn/tn1150.html#UnicodeSubtleties

So HFS+ does define a normalization form, which is apparently something
very close to but not identical to NFD. Good to know.

Thanks for pointing out. It's the kind of documentation I was searching for. So, NFD is the right thing, but it might not work in some cases. I hope they are corner cases not feasible with typical names of music tracks.

In any case, it makes sense to have one's own Java application to provide support for getting the files, so names can be processed before they go to the filsystem. I'll probably add a WebDAV interface or such.

Thanks.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."