On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Edu García <arcn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, years ago somebody asked on this list if it was possible to have some
> sort of OpenGL or NativeSurface node, to be able to integrate OpenGL or
> DirectX rendering on top of JavaFX (in my case, to embed something like
> LibGDX).
>
> Has any work been done on this at all? If it hasn't, are there any plans to
> support this in the near future? If both answers are negative, is there any
> way of using heavyweight Swing controls on top of JavaFX?
>
> Thanks.

I have raised this topic again a few months ago on this list and the answer
was, no, there are no concrete plans, which is a step back compared to the
interest in the topic that was shown e.g. by a JavaOne presentation with a
(still working) hack to render stuff into a JFX using OpenGL by someone
from the JFX team. In addition to that, the person who was in charge of
that, has left Oracle since, so all evidence unfortunately tells us not to
hold our breath waiting for that to happen.