Hi,

this works for us on all platforms, including Ubuntu 14.04

 // Desktop methods must be executed on the Swing Event Thread
 SwingUtilities.invokeLater(() -> {
         Desktop.getDesktop().open(pdfFile);
});

Regards,

Stefan
To: Rahman USTA <rahman.usta...@gmail.com>

My problem is getHostServices().showDocument does nothing at all in Ubuntu
10.4

Have you tried using Desktop?
as in
if(Desktop.isDesktopSupported()) Desktop.getDesktop().open(docFile);

That also works for me on Windows and Mac but causes a system crash in
Ubuntu so I am no better off.
Regards
John Maton

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Rahman USTA <rahman.usta...@gmail.com>