Well, not exactly... Previously it was 13*hash(a) + hash(b) and now it's 31*(31 + hash(a)) + hash(b). And apparently it improves the quality somehow. I did a test with 100^4 combinations and collision probability dropped by the factor of 3 from 0.065% to 0.022%.
Not really impressive, but still, and it uses well-defined utility method.
Yeah, I know it's not really a bug since you don't want to rely on the hashCode at all...

Thanks,
Vadim