> On Nov 17, 2015, at 7:21 PM, Michael Hall <mik3h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 17, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> [taking awt-dev off of this thread]
>>
>> The fix that was put into 8u72-b02 is that the packager will no longer
>> include libjfxwebkit.dylib in the packaged app. Is this not working
>> correctly?
>
>> I have downloaded that jdk1.8.0_72 b05 JDK and run (downloaded from
>> https://jdk8.java.net/download.html <https://jdk8.java.net/download.html>):
>> otool -L
>> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_72.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libjfxwebkit.dylib
>>  | grep icu
>>      /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
>> version 51.1.0)
>> And it the issue is still there, Build b05 still references private API.
>
> If I followed this correctly the OP seems to be saying that libfxwebkit.dylib
> is present in 1.8.0_72 b05? So that fix did not work correctly somehow.
> Is there any chance the change, which was to remove this(?) was missed or
> disappeared between b02 and b05?
>
> Michael Hall

What you’ve copied above shows that libfxwebkit.dylib is present in the JDK.
Not that it is present in a JRE bundled in an App Store packaged application.

The libfxwebkit.dylib still references the private API. which is why, as Kevin
mentioned, that library is removed when packaging for the App Store.

A longer term solution is still needed for those the want to use WebKit and
still submit apps to the App Store.

Scott