Let's bring this back on the list - i once more accidentally replied
just to you.

IMHO if you want to execute javascript which is not related to a
browser/html you should run that in a javascript vm like nashorn, ...
and not through the WebView.

Tom

On 08.12.15 15:39, Rahman USTA wrote:
> I handled the issue by using WebWorker in WebView, my main suggestion is
> about JavaFX's threading model, not for a workaround.
>
> I can try j2v8 if it supports Java Scripting API
>
> Thanks.

> <mailto:tom.schi...@bestsolution.at>>:
>
>     Use j2v8 - it is insanely fast as long as you don't do a lot
>     java->js->java calls which you don't
>     https://github.com/eclipsesource/j2v8
>
>     Tom
>
>     Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>
>     > Am 08.12.2015 um 14:17 schrieb Rahman USTA
>     <rahman.usta...@gmail.com <mailto:rahman.usta...@gmail.com>>:
>     >
>     > Yes your suggestion is OK in theory but in practice, Nashorn is
>     too slow
>     > without Warmup. I can say Nashorn is 5x to 10x slower than
>     embedded webkit
>     > to run script.
>     >
>     > 2015-12-08 15:09 GMT+02:00 Benjamin Gudehus <hasteb...@gmail.com
>     <mailto:hasteb...@gmail.com>>:
>     >
>     >> The JavaFX API offers Worker class for long running tasks.
>     >>
>     >> If you want to execute JavaScript code without DOM and JavaFX you
>     can use
>     >> the Nashorn JS Virtual machine, which is included in Java 8. I
>     guess the
>     >> Nashorn documentation also has examples how it's used with the Java
>     >> scripting API.
>     >>> On Dec 8, 2015 1:50 PM, "Rahman USTA" <rahman.usta...@gmail.com
>     <mailto:rahman.usta...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >>>
>     >>> I'm really enjoying developing apps in JavaFX, but I think there
>     is a
>     >>> limitation point;
>     >>>
>     >>> When we think HTML5, there is WebWorker to run long-running tasks in
>     >>> another process. So, we know WebWorker has no DOM access, it is
>     generally
>     >>> used computational needs.
>     >>>
>     >>> Ok, We can run long-running tasks in JavaFX with many threading
>     services,
>     >>> but there is one exception;
>     >>>
>     >>> There are a lot of JavaScript libraries, and executing them in
>     WebView
>     >>> needs JavaFX Application Thread. But, what if your JS code takes
>     long time
>     >>> to execute ? Your UI will hang. Is it required to execute JS code in
>     >>> WebView if it is not accessing DOM API?
>     >>>
>     >>> Thanks.
>     >>>
>     >>> --
>     >>> Rahman USTA
>     >>> Istanbul JUG
>     >>> https://github.com/rahmanusta <http://www.kodcu.com/>
>     >
>     >
>     > --
> [...]

Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 5-7, A-6020 Innsbruck
http://www.bestsolution.at/
Reg. Nr. FN 222302s am Firmenbuchgericht Innsbruck