Check out my blog post here:
http://fxexperience.com/2016/01/node-picking-in-javafx/

It might be useful....

-- Jonathan

On 3/02/16 10:36 AM, Scott Palmer wrote:
Do we have such an API yet?
I found this:
and:
  which is still unresolved (and 6 years old!), so I'm guessing no.

Is it too late for Java 9?

I need a way to forward events to a scene and have them dispatched to the
correct node (mouse move, mouse press, etc.).  I'm not finding an easy way
to do it.  Even a Java 9 solution is too late for me anyway.  So if there
is some reasonable way to implement it for Java 8 please let me know.
  (There used to be impl_pickNode(double, double) but now it is more
complicated with PickRay and PickResultChooser and being undocumented I
haven't managed to get it to do anything useful yet.)

Scott