What I meant was for you to find out whether the system pango library that javafx_font_pango.so depends upon is present. Run the "ldd" commands and make sure there are no missing dependencies.

Also, I hadn't noticed you were trying to use the ARM bits. Maybe Dave Hill has some additional thoughts on this.

-- Kevin

Maurice wrote:
Kevin,

Yes, in lib/arm these libraries are present. I'm using the Oracle ARM JDK 1.8.0_33 fwiw. On the default ubuntu based image I can run JavaFX with this Java setup, but without HW acceleration.

Maurice.

root@udooqdl:/# find / -name "*javafx_font*.so"
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/lib/arm/libjavafx_font_freetype.so
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/lib/arm/libjavafx_font_pango.so
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/lib/arm/libjavafx_font.so
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/jre/lib/arm/libjavafx_font_freetype.so
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/jre/lib/arm/libjavafx_font_pango.so
/opt/jdk1.8.0_33/jre/lib/arm/libjavafx_font.so