That indeed works, thanks Vadim. And of course my approach does not work
because the gradle.properties are read after its JVM has already started.

Onwards.

Tom

On 14-1-2017 21:37, Vadim Pakhnushev wrote:
Tom,

In JavaFX we use _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable to workaround this:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2016-December/020077.html
Note that if you are building on Windows without Cygwin, you need to remove
quotes.

Vadim