On 4/4/17, 1:27 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
Hello Kevin & David,

Please review the fix for jfx9:

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ssadetsky/8176844/

--Semyon

Semyon,

I have been sitting here for a while thinking about adding
gdk_display_sync(gdk_display_get_default());

I can see why this might address many issues, as it flushes the pipeline and
waits for the X11 server to catch up. That is balanced out by a historical
distrust of using XSync in any situation where the consequences.

Part of me thinks it is minimal overhead though, the other part does not like
stalling the asynchronous X11 design.

The other part of me would like to use this only for the window events that
need it, instead of all of them.

and I found this in hte GTK docs:
gdk_events_pending ()
Waits for a GraphicsExpose or NoExpose event from the X server. This is used in
the GtkText and GtkCList widgets in GTK+ to make sure any GraphicsExpose events
are handled before the widget is scrolled.

so perhaps this should be used in some cases (like setVisible).

sigh.

Will try to make up my mind tomorrow.

Dave.

--
David Hill<david.h...@oracle.com>
Java Embedded Development

"A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the
world."
-- George Santayana (1863 - 1952)