Yes it could be converted, but wasn't necessary to remove the depenency, so I filed a separate JBS issue to track this replacing the calls to j.u.l: JDK-8195974 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8195974>.

-- Kevin

Tom Schindl wrote:
Minor question on this: I see the test stuff is using java.util.Logging
could this not be ported to PlatformLogger?

Tom