Ever since Apple deprecated the developer-oriented Apple ][ , I failed to
appreciate their decisions. But so be it.

The good thing is that the structure of the OpenJFX project allows for
different rendering pipelines without much impact on other code.
Therefore, I think it would be a nice sandbox experiment to have a Metal
and a Vulkan pipeline.

But I agree with Kevin, we don't need a replacement for OpenGL in the Java
11 timeframe :)

- Johan