Hi,

May be you are working to change webkit version.
I finally found what's wrong with MathML lines overlapping.
In fact MathML needs platformBoundsForGlyph implementation in FontJava.cpp.

https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx/issues/71

With patchs describe in this and previous message, fraction numerator and denominator like matrix lines are in there right positions.

But that's not solve all problems, but it's a great progress.
The remaining problem seems to be a ascent and descent Glyph, I'm still working on it.

Yours faithfully.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

    "If you are interested in seeing that this bug get fixed
sooner, then I might suggest that you consider contributing a fix for
    this bug youself."

I already contributed to openjdk specific bugs for the same reasons you give me. An issue in the swing/text package. My patch was posted in 2012 and accepted in 2017 for JDK9. It hasn't been a great experience for me. I'm working on Math notation support in swing/text package.

And the day that I also try to work with JavaFx ... the MathML support is broken !

I'm really interested in seeing this bug fixed.
That's why, I first contacted F. Wang from Igalia who worked on MathML integration in WebKit because I thought that it was a WebKit issue. But he answered me that it's probably a bug in OpenJFX because in others WebKit based applications, all works fine. He suggested me to post a bug report. Thus I made a look to the bug database and discovered that it's an old issue. This issue doesn't disappear with the new WebKit version in JavaFX. And now, I'm trying to contact Murali to know what I can expect in the future releases. I would be happy and proud to fix this issue but there is no documentation about WebKit integration in OpenJFX.
I hope Murali will add a coment about he plans to look at this.

Yours faithfully.