One other point .. something I mentioned off line to Kevin but he did not so far bring up here, is that when counting the number of reviewers on a fix, we must require at least one Reviewer, with a capital "R", but to make up the total of 2 reviewers, it is sufficient to have one other person who only has committer status .. or even author status (maybe), be the second reviewer. We've used this policy on the JDK AWT/2D/Swing stack for a long time. It not only frees up the scarce "R"eviewers, but it helps train new ones :-), whilst still ensuring at least two sets of eye balls
were on it.

-phil.