If this is the wrong mailing list for javapackager questions, I'd appreciate
any hints regarding where to ask instead in case you happen to know.
Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: openjfx-dev [mailto:openjfx-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of
Buchberger, Joerg
Sent: Freitag, 22. Juni 2018 13:30
To: openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: javapackager usage

Hi everyone

Is this the right mailing list for all questions about javapackager?

I tried to use javapackager for my spring-boot web application on Windows. So,
naturally, it runs headless.
Although, creating native image and running that exe was successful, there are
some caveats I could not solve yet:

* how to prevent second such process from starting
   * is that what -singleton flag is for? it gets rejected as unsupported option

* running it as a service
   * is that what -daemon flag or WinServiceBundler is for? no idea how either
works
   * and I failed to get such exe to work with sc and nssm - each fails to
start for different reason

* as the exe produced with javapackager immediately returns, I don't get how to
stop my process
   * only way to stop seems sending the kill to the task - is there a better
way?

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers
Jörg

p.s. here the command and options I used with Java 9 JDK:

javapackager -deploy -nosign -native image -daemon -allpermissions -v -outdir
build/dist -outfile vron -name vron -appclass
org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher -v -srcdir .\build\libs