To: OpenJFX Developers

As a reminder, OpenJFX 11 is now in Rampdown Phase Two RDP2. [1]

During RDP2, all bug fixes, except for docs and test fixes, and all enhancements will need explicit approval to go in. Note that these restrictions apply to the soon-to-be-created openjfx/11-dev/rt repo [2].

Starting now, the jfx-dev/rt mainline -- and by extension, the develop branch of the GitHub sandbox -- is open for openjfx12 fixes.

We will use the same rules for RDP2 that the JDK uses [3], with three modifications:

1. Approval is needed from one of the OpenJFX project leads (not the OpenJDK project lead)

2. Since we are not part of the JDK, we need to use labels that do not collide with the JDK 11 release. As an obvious choice, derived from the JBS fix version, we will use "openjfx11-fix-request", "openjfx11-fix-yes", "openjfx11-fix-no" and "openjfx11-fix-nmi", "openjfx11-enhancement-request", "openjfx11-enhancement-yes", "openjfx11-enhancement-no" and "openjfx11-enhancement-nmi" as corresponding labels.

3. Some important P3 bugs might be considered during RDP2, as long as those bugs have otherwise met the usual code review criteria. Having said that, most P3 bugs should be moved to openjfx12 at this point. I do not expect many P3 bugs to be approved.

If a fix is approved to push to 11-dev (with the appropriate approval label added by a lead), then you need not also push it to jfx-dev -- we will auto-sync from 11-dev --> jfx-dev for the duration of the openjfx11 release.

Now that we are in RDP2, the goal should be to stabilize what is there, with priority on fixing bugs that are new in openjfx11. We need to be extremely careful about including anything that introduces risk.

Let me know if there are any questions.

-- Kevin

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-August/022233.html

[2] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/11-dev/rt  (not yet created as of this writing)