OpenJFX 13 is now in Rampdown Phase One RDP1 [1]. We have forked a new jfx-13/rt repo [2] for stabilizing the OpenJFX 13 release.

Here is the short summary of what this means:

- The openjfx/13-dev/rt repo is now open for pushing changesets for FX 13 that meet the RDP1 criteria as outlined below.

- The openjfx/jfx-dev/rt repo is available for pushing bug fixes or enhancements for FX 14.

- I will periodically sync 13-dev --> jfx-dev (meaning that developers should push to one or the other, not both)

- The develop branch of the javafxports/openjdk-jfx GitHub sandbox may be used for either FX 13 or FX 14 changes

During RDP1, the only restriction is that any enhancements will need explicit approval to go into openjfx13, although most enhancements should be retargeted to openjfx14 now. Note that these restrictions apply only to the forked 13-dev/rt repo. The jfx-dev/rt repo is open for openjfx14 fixes.

We will use the same rules for RDP1 that the JDK uses [3], with the same three modifications we did for the previous release:

1. Approval is needed from one of the OpenJFX project leads (not the OpenJDK project lead)

2. Since we are not part of the JDK, we need to use labels that do not collide with the JDK 13 release. As an obvious choice, derived from the JBS fix version, we will use "openjfx13-enhancement-request", "openjfx13-enhancement-yes", "openjfx13-enhancement-no" and "openjfx13-enhancement-nmi" as corresponding labels.

3. No explicit approval is needed to push P4 bugs to jfx-13/rt during RDP1, as long as those bugs have otherwise met the usual code review criteria. Having said that, most P4 bugs should now go into jfx-dev for openjfx14, since we do not want to risk anything that would destabilize the openjfx13 release without a compelling reason. Also, we have less than 4 weeks until RDP2 of openjfx13 and we would be better served fixing higher priority bugs. Note that doc bugs and test bugs of any priority are fine to fix for openjfx13 during this time.

Let me know if there are any questions.

-- Kevin

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-June/023385.html

[2] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/13-dev/rt