Our convention, which is codified in build.gradle (but not documented well), is that the name of any concrete unit test class must end with exactly `Test`. Similarly, the name of any abstract super class or utility class should not end with `Test`. It's a little clunky, but dates back to the very early port of JavaFX build to gradle.

Or are you seeing something else?

As for the version of junit, we could consider updating to a newer version (it would need us to do a third-party approval), if there were enough benefit. It would be behind a few other things for openjfx14...

-- Kevin