Can you try running your app with the following two flags?

java -Djavafx.verbose=true -Dprism.verbose=true

That might help diagnose the problem.

-- Kevin

On 4/18/2020 11:18 AM, Christopher Miles wrote:
Yep, that's where I downloaded it from.

> PS C:\Users\cmiles\source\repos\xmltool> java --version
> openjdk 14.0.1 2020-04-14
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 14.0.1+7)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0.1+7, mixed mode, sharing)

When I look at the "bin" directory that came with the JavaFX SDK and compare it to the "bin" directory that comes with OpenJDK there are things in the JavaFX distribution that aren't present in the OpenJDK distribution. These three caught my attention:

  + prism_common.dll
  + prism_d3d.dll
  + prism_sw.dll

I suspect missing these DLL's is what is causing the exception when I try to launch my application.

I took a look at "JDK-8207015" and I don't think that is my problem, yet. It could be that if the "prism_xxx.dll" files were present, I might run into this issue.

I changed my `jlink` command to point at the "mods" as this seems like the correct way to do this. Still, the app refuses to launch with the same error message.

> Graphics Device initialization failed for :  d3d, sw
> Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found

I would very much like to avoid adding switches to a `java` invocation in order to run the application. In your example, I would need to have customer installed the JavaFX JDK to a specific location in order for that to work. I'd also need to have some kind of wrapper to handle other operating systems, like Linux or OS X. My goal is to distribute one package with custom launching scripts (i.e. one for batch, Powershell, and Linux/OS X shell) as I did under Java 8. This makes me think that using `jlink` with the mods is the way to go, as long as I can figure out why that is not working.

Thank you for your help with this. :-)