On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 14:47:42 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghai...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Kevin Rushforth has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   fix typos in comments
>
> Marked as reviewed by aghaisas (Reviewer).

I don't yet know whether there is an alternative that would allow the menubar
to work without deactivating the app, but I filed a follow-up bug to track this:

[JDK-8257835](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8257835): Brief flash in
terminal window when launching FX app on macOS

It seems like it might be possible to fix this, since AWT initialization
doesn't run into this. I note that AWT uses an Apple-provided "JavaRuntime
Support" (JRS) Framework. We would need to see whether there is something else
possible using public macOS  APIs.