On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 15:18:51 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/j2d/J2DPipeline.java
>> line 64:
>>
>>> 62:     @Override
>>> 63:     public ResourceFactory getResourceFactory(Screen screen) {
>>> 64:         Integer index = Integer.valueOf(screen.getAdapterOrdinal());
>>
>> Autobox?
>>
>> Same for the other similar places.
>
> Do you have a preference here?

I am little more on the side to use explicit calls when using values returned
by a method. The method `screen.getAdapterOrdinal()` returns an int. But if it
returned short then autoboxing will fail, but `Integer.valueOf()` would still
work. I don't think the method would ever change, but I still lean on using
explicit call. Being explicit safe guards more and anyway both still create an
object.