On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 17:45:38 GMT, John Neffenger <jgn...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Media makefiles look fine.
>
>> Silly question, is the difference with Windows just the nature of the native
>> support on each platform (Unix based vs Windows) and libraries used as part
>> of that?
>
> That's a good question. I'm hoping the answer is no. So far, the difference
> with Windows is the linker. The other systems use the GNU linker where it's
> enough to sort the input object files. The Microsoft linker, though, creates
> reproducible builds with the flag `/experimental:deterministic` (or
> `-experimental:deterministic`). So on Windows, we just need to figure out
> where to put the flag. I'm finding that to be a challenge for the WebKit
> library.

> /contributor add ...

@bmwiedemann I added you as co-author of pull request #422, which is my
continuation of your pull request #99 from last year. This pull request #446
temporarily includes our co-authored commit, but those changes will disappear
when #422 is integrated and I merge the master branch into this one. Sorry for
the confusion.