(I did a reply instead of a reply-all)

Hi,

I had that on one of my Linux systems too, after the fix for JDK-8264010.

My first system went fine after I ran with
./gradlew --refresh-dependencies
and I understood this worked for others as well.

On the second system, that didn't work and I ended up removing the whole
gradle cache (rm -rf ~/.gradle) (which my HD liked very much). I believe
there has been some changes related to where gradle stores downloaded poms,
as the lucene-core pom was stored in a different directory than the jar,
while gradle searched only in the directory that contains the jar or so.
This is pure unscientific speculation from my side, but with a fresh Gradle
install, it worked fine.

My initial enthusiasm for gradle is mainly gone because of the maintenance
cost (i.e. upgrade gradle for every single major update of Java) but at
least, in most cases there are (annoying) workarounds.