This will take a while to work through, and we will need to get general consensus on the API changes.

I doubt I can support incompatible breaking changes in this area, given how fundamental property and bindings are to JavaFX. I'll take a look, but it is likely that the incompatible API changes part of your proposed change will not be accepted.

The changes enforcing correct usage should be a lot less controversial and easier to get through.

-- Kevin