On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:29:11 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Added convenience factory factory methods for Background and Border.

The API looks good. I left a couple comments on the javadoc.

I presume you will add some unit tests?

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/layout/Background.java line
362:

> 360:      * @implNote this call is equivalent to
> 361:      * <p>
> 362:      * {@code new Background(new BackgroundFill(fill, null, null));}

This should either be `@implSpec` or part of the API spec (no tag), since it's
more than just a note. Also, the text should start with a capital letter, since
the body of an `implSpec` section (along with `implNote` and `apiNote`) is one
or more paragraphs. In this case a single paragraph might be better:

@implSpec
This call is equivalent to {@code new Background(new BackgroundFill(fill, null,
null));}.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/layout/Background.java line
364:

> 362:      * {@code new Background(new BackgroundFill(fill, null, null));}
> 363:      * @param fill the fill of the background
> 364:      * @return a new background of the given fill

Need to add `@since 18`

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/layout/Border.java line 400:

> 398:      * {@code new Border(new BorderStroke(stroke,
> BorderStrokeStyle.SOLID, null, null));}
> 399:      * @param stroke the stroke of the border
> 400:      * @return a new border of the given stroke

Same comments about the javadoc as above.