On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:01:00 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Currently, `WebPage` has already a public `setBackgroundColor()` method, but
>> the class is not public. Therefore, public API is needed in `WebView` to
>> allow developers access to it.
>>
>> In line with the `fontSmoothingType` property, this PR provides public
>> support for setting the background color of a WebPage, by adding a
>> `pageFill` property, and a CSR is required.
>>
>> The color for the background, that can be opaque, transparent or with any
>> level of opacity, can be set via code or via CSS using `-fx-page-fill`.
>>
>> Unit tests and a system test are provided.
>
> Jose Pereda has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Use color to int32 converter instead of hash

I just have a couple remaining comments.

modules/javafx.web/src/main/java/com/sun/webkit/WebPage.java line 97:

> 95:
> 96:     private int fontSmoothingType;
> 97:     private Color backgroundColor = Color.WHITE;

This might be a problem, since there are code paths that bypass
`setBackgroundColor(Color)`. I might recommend storing the converted 32-bit
color, and then checking that for transparency. Either that or you will need to
derive a `Color` from a 32-bit int in the cases that set a 32-bit int color
directly. The former is probably easier.