On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:34:50 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextBinding.java
>>  line 238:
>>
>>> 236:         }
>>> 237:
>>> 238:         return !isExtendedMnemonic(s, position);
>>
>> I am not sure why do we need to check for isExtendedMnemonic() inside
>> isSimpleMnemonic() implementation.
>> These two methods should be separate and it is up to the callers to check
>> and take appropriate action.
>
> Done.

The corresponding comment for the method isSimpleMnemonic() also needs
correction.
You can limit it to -

    /**
     * Determines whether the string contains a simple mnemonic at the
specified position.
     * A simple mnemonic is any two-character string similar to "_x", where x
is not an
     * underscore or a whitespace character.
     */