I think it is probable that this is a hotspot VM problem in the C2 JIT compiler code.

I've moved your bug report to hotspot : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8283386
The interesting question isn't about which version of FX used to work.
It is what was the last working version of the JDK.
It looks a bit like a JDK 17 bug from the evidence so far so if
you were running FX 17 on JDK 17 GA you maybe have picked up a later update releaseĀ  of JDK 17 along with FX 18 ??

Regardless this doesn't look like an FX bug.
But unless you can actually provide a test case, or, by luck the hotspot folks recognise the issue,
I don't know what can/will happen.

-phil.