On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:16:04 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghai...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR adds a warning about inserting Nodes directly into the virtualized
>> containers such as ListView, TreeView, TableView and TreeTableView. It also
>> adds code snippets showing the recommended pattern of using a custom cell
>> factory for each of the virtualized control.
>
> Ajit Ghaisas has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Additional review fixes

Left some minor inline comments that are relevant for the other classes here as
well.

Looking at the current `ListView` docs, I think it's not very informative. The
main paragraph talks about generics in Java:

> A ListView is able to have its generic type set to represent the type of data
> in the backing model. Doing this has the benefit of making various methods in
> the ListView, as well as the supporting classes (mentioned below), type-safe.
> In addition, making use of the generic type supports substantially simplified
> development of applications making use of ListView, as all modern IDEs are
> able to auto-complete far more successfully with the additional type
> information.

I think that all of that should be removed, and your explanation on how to
actually use `ListView` should be added instead. While it's tied to the
"Customizing Visuals" section, the points of `ListView` is for it contain
data/model instances which are interpreted as a visual `Node` by the
`ListView`, so it should belong in the main paragraph.

I can come up with a redistribution of the paragraphs if you want and if you
don't consider this out of scope.