On Sat, 9 Dec 2023 07:07:27 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR enhances the documentation of `Platform.Preferences.accentColor`:
>

>    /**
> -   * The accent color.
> +   * The accent color, which is usually a vivid color that contrasts with
> the foreground
> +   * and background colors. It can be used to highlight the active or
> important part of a
> +   * control and make it stand out from the rest of the user interface.

I noticed unrelated points:
1. The properties use the phrasing "If the platform does not report..." except
for the one for color scheme, which uses "The value of this property defaults
to". Might want to use the same phrasing for color scheme too.
2. The default value for the foreground color is specified as `Color.BLACK`
instead of `Color#BLACK`.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/application/Platform.java line 612:

> 610:          * The accent color, which is usually a vivid color that
> contrasts with the foreground
> 611:          * and background colors. It can be used to highlight the active
> or important part of a
> 612:          * control and make it stand out from the rest of the user
> interface.

I think it's more important to say what it's used for than what value is should
have, so I would switch the order:

The accent color, which can be used to highlight the active or important part
of a
control and make it stand out from the rest of the user interface. It is

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1301#pullrequestreview-1773566634
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1301#discussion_r1421301210