@andy-goryachev-oracle

> @beldenfox are you going to update this PR with a fix for dismissing the IME
> window you alluded in the previous comment?

I did that with the most recent commit (Jan 27th).

> * click elsewhere.  the IME window disappears

That indicates that you got my most recent commit, otherwise the IME window
would not disappear immediately.

I'm really glad you caught this. The old code for disabling the IME just called
`[self unmarkText]`. I added the code for dismissing the IME window but didn't
notice that `unmarkText` doesn't seem to work. Currently it commits a
zero-length string (which appears to be a no-op) and leaves the composition
buffer untouched. That combination doesn't make much sense and doesn't match
Apple's spec. I need to dig around in the code history to see why it's behaving
this way. This also explains some of the bad behavior you noticed in
JDK-8320912.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1351#issuecomment-1915858678