Am 01.02.24 um 16:53 schrieb John Hendrikx:

Is it still a CSS performance degradation then?  I mean, it's the same speed, and the number of calls should be irrelevant?

A performance degradation must be present, since after the expected deterioration of JFX 19 it has become twice as slow since.

The assumption that is has something to do with CSS is based on the fact that we also have rendering performance problems in TableView in our production application where a column with a cell factory exists that has lots of nodes in a cell.

However, if you want to narrow it down further (perhaps there is more performance to be gained), you could run your tests against the early access builds.  You may be able to find a set of 10-20 isolated commits that could have led to the introduction of the extra 60.000 calls.  For example, check if the problem is present in 20-ea+1 up to 20-ea-19, 20, 20.0.1 and 20.0.2 (early access versions available are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 19), see here: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.openjfx/javafx-base

Good idea, I will try that.

And I will also create an issue / PR for the "low hanging fruits" in resizeColumnToFitContent.

Robert