> There are a number of tickets open related to text rendering:
>
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8314215
>
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8145496
>
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8129014
>
> They have in common that wrapped text is taking the trailing spaces on each
> wrapped line into account when calculating where to wrap.  This looks okay
> for text that is left aligned (as the spaces will be trailing the lines and
> generally aren't a problem, but looks weird with CENTER and RIGHT alignments.
>  Even with LEFT alignment there are artifacts of this behavior, where a line
> like `AAA  BBB  CCC` (note the **double** spaces) gets split up into `AAA  `,
> `BBB  ` and `CCC`, but if space reduces further, it will wrap **too** early
> because the space is taken into account (ie. `AAA` may still have fit just
> fine, but `AAA  ` doesn't, so the engine wraps it to `AA` + `A  ` or
> something).
>
> The fix for this is two fold; first the individual lines of text should not
> include any trailing spaces into their widths; second, the code that is
> taking the trailing space into account when wrapping should ignore all
> trailing spaces (currently it is ignoring all but one trailing space).  With
> these two fixes, the layout in LEFT/CENTER/RIGHT alignments all look great,
> and there is no more early wrapping due to a space being taking into account
> while the actual text still would have fit (this is annoying in tight
> layouts, where a line can be wrapped early even though it looks like it would
> have fit).
>
> If it were that simple, we'd be done, but there may be another issue here
> that needs solving: wrapped aligned TextArea's.
>
> TextArea don't directly support text alignment (via a setTextAlignment method
> like Label) but you can change it via CSS.
>
> For Left alignment + wrapping, TextArea will ignore any spaces typed before a
> line that was wrapped.  In other words, you can type spaces as much as you
> want, and they won't show up and the cursor won't move.  The spaces are all
> getting appended to the previous line.  When you cursor through these spaces,
> the cursor can be rendered out of the control's bounds.  To illustrate, if
> you have the text `AAA                 BBB CCC`, and the text gets wrapped to
> `AAA`, `BBB`, `CCC`, typing spaces before `BBB` will not show up.  If you
> cursor back, the cursor may be outside the control bounds because so many
> spaces are trailing `AAA`.
>
> The above behavior has NOT changed, is pretty standard for wrapped text
> controls, and IMHO does not need further attent...

John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with three additional
commits since the last revision:

 - Fix test description
 - Improve test

   - Test TextSpans (rich text) and String text (plain text)
   - Add test cases for leading spaces, tabs
   - Fix justified test to take hard wrapped lines into account correctly
 - Convert class to record

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236/files/3a93cdf4..cec1171a