On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:19:18 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR replaces the deprecated `gdk_pointer_grab` with `gdk_seat_grab`, and
>> `gdk_pointer_ungrab ` with `gdk_seat_ungrab`, using runtime checks and
>> wrapped functions for GTK 3.20+ (so systems without it still run with GTK
>> 3.8+), and fixes the dragging issue on Wayland.
>
> Jose Pereda has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add compile-time checks to GdkSeat

The rationale was:

This tells which events get delivered to the window while grabbing. XWayland
might be sensitive to `GDK_TOUCH_MASK` while Xorg is not.

So the Idea was to keep the current way (with `gdk_pointer_grab` or
`gdk_device_grab`, and adding the "deliver TOUCH events to me" might fix it.

Another place to investigate is:

#define GDK_FILTERED_EVENTS_MASK static_cast<GdkEventMask>(GDK_ALL_EVENTS_MASK \
                & ~GDK_TOUCH_MASK)

It seems that Xorg converts touch events to regular mouse events, but XWayland
might be different.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1305#issuecomment-1952278279