On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 13:50:38 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Overhaul to the `PhongMaterial` documentation (and a bit to its superclass
>> `Material`). Except for the introduction, I divided the documentation into 3
>> sections: qualitative explanation, mathematical model (I wouldn't think it
>> necessary, but the current doc explains it), and examples.
>>
>> The reason for the verbosity of the doc is that I envisioned 2 target
>> audiences for this class. One is a Java developer who wants to understand
>> the terminology and workings of computer graphics or of the artists who are
>> already familiar with this domain. (How many Java developers know what
>> diffuse, specular and normal maps are?) The other is an artist who is
>> already familiar with the domain, but wants to see how this class compares
>> with other renderers. For this reason, I looked at the terminology used by
>> engines like Blender, Maya, UE4 and Unity and tried to mention the
>> comparisons (like bump vs. height vs. normal maps, or specular vs.
>> roughness/smoothness).
>>
>> The examples I chose and some of the schematics are not the best, looking at
>> it retroactively, but I want to give enough time for reviewers and get this
>> into 22.
>
> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update images

Btw, if this ends up missing the deadline for JavaFX 22 (about 24 hours from
now) it can go into 22u for JavaFX 22.0.1. The release date for 22.0.1 is only
a few weeks after 22, and the deadline to get fixes into 22.0.1 is almost 2
weeks away.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1378#issuecomment-1969223783