On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 20:51:56 GMT, Marius Hanl <mh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR fixes the problem that maximizing/fullscreen a `Stage` or `Dialog` is
> broken when `sizeToScene()` was called before or after.
>
> The approach here is to ignore the `sizeToScene()` request when the `Stage`
> is maximized or set to fullscreen.
> Otherwise the Window Manager of the OS will be confused and you will get
> weird flickering or wrong Window buttons (e.g. on Windows, the 'Maximize'
> button still shows the 'Restore' Icon, while we already resized the `Stage`
> to not be maximized).

Btw, I get the following test failures on our headful Linux test systems:

SizeToSceneFullscreenTest > testInitialSizeFullscreen FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: Stage height expected:<1080.0> but was:<1117.0>
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:89)
        at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:835)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555)
        at
test.javafx.stage.SizeToSceneFullscreenTest.testInitialSizeFullscreen(SizeToSceneFullscreenTest.java:78)

This seems unrelated to your fix. I think the problem might be that in
full-screen mode the stage can be bigger than the visible screen size or maybe
the decorations are just larger on that system. You might either need to
increase the tolerance values or instead check for >= visible width / height
(possibly with some small tolerance).

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1382#issuecomment-1970158754