On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 18:39:03 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Adding `@SuppressWarnings("doclint:missing")` to the lines in Serializable
>> classes that generated javadoc's "missing comments" warning.
>
> Andy Goryachev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   missing

This now looks good to me, except for a couple of comments on the added docs to
`JFXPanel`.

@prsadhuk Can you also review the changes to `JFXPanel`?

modules/javafx.swing/src/main/java/javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel.java line 140:

> 138:  * <strong>Warning:</strong>
> 139:  * Serialized objects of this class will not be compatible with
> 140:  * future Swing releases. The current serialization support is

I would reword this to add "or future JavaFX releases".

modules/javafx.swing/src/main/java/javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel.java line 142:

> 140:  * future Swing releases. The current serialization support is
> 141:  * appropriate for short term storage or RMI between applications running
> 142:  * the same version of Swing.  As of 1.4, support for long term storage

Add "and the same version of JavaFX" after Swing.

I would remove everything after the "As of 1.4 ..." since that isn't really
relevant for JavaFX components and could be confusing.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1386#pullrequestreview-1910029656
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1386#discussion_r1508294034
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1386#discussion_r1508295633