On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:25:33 GMT, Jayathirth D V <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This test has failed once and we are not seeing its failure after that
> instance in our test systems.
>
> This test verifies whether bounds of GridPane gets updated properly on adding
> an invisible node.
> Initial test has 8 nodes in GridPane and then we update it with another node
> with larger bounds without making it visible. After adding additional node we
> make the scenegraph visible and check for colors of the newly added node.
>
> We are making this test robust to make sure we don't see any of these single
> instance failures.
> Test is updated to:
> 1) To always show on top, so that we pick proper color.
> 2) Add additional sleep so that we give more time for test to be visible.
> 3) Pick color exactly at mid point in y axis, so that we pick the green color
> properly.

The changes look fine, except for the redundant call to `setAlwaysOnTop` (it
already is).

tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/scenegraph/JDK8130122Test.java line 87:

> 85:             testScene.setFill(Color.WHITE);
> 86:             testStage.setScene(testScene);
> 87:             testStage.setAlwaysOnTop(true);

This is redundant. `getStage()` already sets `alwaysOnTop`. If the window
currently isn't always on top then we have a bigger problem.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1433#pullrequestreview-1957898714
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1433#discussion_r1537684648