On Fri, 18 Sep 2026 23:55:11 GMT, Martin Fox <[email protected]> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/font/PrismFontFactory.java
>>  line 135:
>> 
>>> 133:         lcdEnabled = lcdProp.equals("true");
>>> 134:         String lcdRenderProp = 
>>> System.getProperty("prism.lcdrendering", "default");
>>> 135:         newLCDRendering = lcdEnabled && lcdRenderProp.equals("new");
>> 
>> I wonder if a different, more descriptive value would be better than "new".  
>> What if in the future there is something newer than "new"?
>
> I knew we would have a conversation about naming and that it would change. 
> Not sure what name to use. The best I can think of is "contrast" because it 
> tends to increase the contrast at least for symmetric text. Suggestions are 
> welcome.

anything meaningful is better than "new".  contrast is better, but it seems too 
cryptic (what happens to contrast)?  something that indicates the effect it has 
would be best.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2284#discussion_r4063060255

Reply via email to