I'd recommend no higher than C++20. I'm not sure all of our current toolchains fully support C++23 on all platforms. By using C++20, we would avoid the risk of hitting odd issues.

Let's see what others think.

-- Kevin


On 9/21/2026 8:44 AM, Nir Lisker wrote:
I think that if we can update, then it should be to the most recent version we can afford, which is 20 or possibly 23.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 6:27 PM Kevin Rushforth <[email protected]> wrote:

    WebKit uses C++23 (C++20 with some C++23 features used), so it seems
    reasonable to update the rest to a more recent minimum, perhaps
    C++17 or
    C++20. All of our current toolchains should fully support C++20.

    What do others think?

    -- Kevin


    On 9/21/2026 6:06 AM, Nir Lisker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > The C++ version used for native compilation is 14, at least from
    what I
    > could see using MSVC on Windows. Is it possible to update it to
    > something more recent?
    >
    > - Nir

Reply via email to