On Mon, 21 Sep 2026 16:56:54 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>> Fix typo
>
> tests/performance/3DLighting/src/main/java/app/CaptureUtils.java line 68:
>
>> 66: throw new IOException("No writer found for " +
>> formatName);
>> 67: }
>> 68:
>> Desktop.getDesktop().open(DIRECTORY.toAbsolutePath().toFile());
>
> seems backwards - first it writes the screenshot, then opens a file chooser,
> why?
> also, if I cancel the file chooser I expect nothing to be written out.
>
> I think it either needs to write silently (or maybe with a message saying
> "saved in XXX"), or follow the standard procedure to let the user select the
> folder to write the screenshot or cancel. and remember that choice (ideally,
> between the sessions).
That line opens the folder where the screenshot it after it was taken, it's not
a file chooser. It's for convenience. The screenshots you take in this app are
for demonstration of something, so you always want to do something with it. It
makes it easier if you don't need to dig around for the path.
-------------
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#discussion_r4065015099