On Tue, 22 Sep 2026 10:20:51 GMT, Nir Lisker <[email protected]> wrote:

>> build.gradle line 4995:
>> 
>>> 4993: 
>>> 4994:             doLast() {
>>> 4995:                 ant(t.name,
>> 
>> This is (all things considered) a broader question, but I would really 
>> recommend not adding any more Ant tasks (and thus increasing our dependency 
>> on Ant).
>> The goal can also be accomplished without Ant (and without `build.xml`), 
>> which simplifies the configuration, and will make us only use Gradle and not 
>> another tool like Ant.
>> 
>> cc @nlisker also interested in your opinion.
>
> Yes, this will be going backwards. The external executions that Gradle can't 
> follow mess up the caching. I recently added a [Gradle build 
> file](https://github.com/nlisker/jfx/blob/9eaf738cc83a0d4ae845346efd8c5e8f3b510ec0/tests/performance/3DLighting/build.gradle)
>  for the 3DLighting test application, and that one is external to the main 
> build. Here we're wiring a new project to the main build, thus increasing the 
> technical debt.

I don't quite get this aversion to `ant`.  This build file worked without 
changes since probably 2014, yet with `gradle` we had to go through upgrades, 
additional build steps...

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2156#discussion_r4073608233

Reply via email to