Apologies, I did try to file this defect using https://bugreport.java.com/, but 
it seems not to allow you to submit the report form.

I believe that this issue with libjfxwebkit.so has already been reported, but 
has been marked as closed (fixed) in the following bug reports here:

https://bugreport.java.com/bugdatabase/JDK-8346250/
https://bugreport.java.com/bugdatabase/JDK-8331765/

However, my testing has shown the defect still affects a number of current 
versions including:
21.0.12 and 27.

I am able to confirm the defect is present in version 27 here, by following 
these steps here...

$ wget https://download2.gluonhq.com/openjfx/27/openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip
--2026-09-29 08:44:08-- 
https://download2.gluonhq.com/openjfx/27/openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip
Resolving download2.gluonhq.com (download2.gluonhq.com)... 152.42.149.30
Connecting to download2.gluonhq.com 
(download2.gluonhq.com)|152.42.149.30|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 64941106 (62M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip’

openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip 
100%[=================================================================================================>]
 61.93M 47.2MB/s in 1.3s

2026-09-29 08:44:10 (47.2 MB/s) - ‘openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip’ saved 
[64941106/64941106]

$ unzip openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip
Archive: openjfx-27_linux-x64_bin-sdk.zip
creating: javafx-sdk-27/
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/src.zip
creating: javafx-sdk-27/lib/
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/lib/libjfxwebkit.so
...
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/legal/javafx.media/directshow.md
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/legal/javafx.media/ADDITIONAL_LICENSE_INFO
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/legal/javafx.media/libffi.md
inflating: javafx-sdk-27/legal/javafx.media/glib.md

$ cd javafx-sdk-27/lib

$ readelf -sW libjfxwebkit.so | grep Open
809: 00000000007e2110 1447 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 
Java_com_sun_webkit_WebPage_twkOpen@@SUNWprivate_1.0
1647: 00000000006ad0e0 235 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 
Java_com_sun_webkit_dom_DOMWindowImpl_getOpenerImpl@@SUNWprivate_1.0
2053: 00000000007e2110 1447 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 
Java_com_sun_webkit_WebPage_twkOpen
3611: 00000000006ad0e0 235 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 
Java_com_sun_webkit_dom_DOMWindowImpl_getOpenerImpl

$ jar xf javafx.web.jar

$ grep twkDidOpen com/ -r
grep: com/sun/webkit/network/SocketStreamHandle.class: binary file matches

The java code which references the missing symbol can be found here...

https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/0f472df6f5bef6320cede09fa7cc959e31fec416/modules/javafx.web/src/main/java/com/sun/webkit/network/SocketStreamHandle.java#L366

I would be very grateful if you could provide me with an update on this defect 
since it is currently preventing me from using a version after 21.0.2 (the 
defect was introduced in 21.0.3).

Best Regards

Jon

Reply via email to