On Mon, 28 Sep 2026 12:35:47 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional 
>> commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   Unlock fps differently
>
> Test code runs and looks good. I do have one remark - I think a small 
> README.md file would be in place. It should have information on how to 
> build/run the test app.
> 
> I mention that mostly because there is no general guidance on how to write 
> and run manual tests (which I know is a separate problem in itself). Any 
> manual tests we have right now either are single-Java-file manual tests we 
> can just forward directly to `java`, or we have larger test apps (ex. 
> `MonkeyTester`) which specify how to build and run them. `MonkeyTester` uses 
> `ant`, but this app uses `gradle`. While this in itself isn't a problem for 
> me, I think for "future generations" it should be documented that that is the 
> case.
> 
> Also a minor thing I stumbled upon is that I tried to run the built JAR with 
> `java @build/run.args -jar ...` which failed because there's no manifest 
> informing about the main class. `gradle run` obviously works fine (and adds 
> necessary Java parameters and properties) so a README.md mentioning that this 
> is the preferred path would be quite helpful for the future.

@lukostyra Added a manifest and a README.md.

By the way, if you use this to measure performance differences between D3D9 and 
12 I'd be interested to know the results.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#issuecomment-5940580315

Reply via email to