On Wed, 7 Oct 2026 21:25:48 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <[email protected]> wrote:
> NOTE: we keep the native code in `modules/javafx.web/src/main/native` 100% > identical across all code lines. Once this goes into mainline, I would ask > you to backport at least the native WebKit changes to jfx27u. What would you prefer? The entire PR, or just WebKit? As a third option, I can also revert the WebKit changes and create a separate PR only for WebKit, if that's easier. I'm fine with every option. > modules/javafx.graphics/src/android/native/VMLauncher.c line 60: > >> 58: __android_log_print(3,"JVM", "JNI_OnLoad calling GetEnv()"); >> 59: JNIEnv* env = NULL; >> 60: (*vm)->GetEnv(vm, (void**) &env, JNI_VERSION_1_8); > > A quick Google search suggests that Android does not support JNI_1_8. Yes, you are right. Of all the things I would have expected, that wasn't on my list. It seems that Android never implemented JNI past 1.6, while the Java baseline by now is Java11 (speaking from my own Android developer experience). >From what I understand, the `Activity `in Android is launched first and >therefore must not be `JNI_VERSION_1_8`. It will then boot up the GraalVM. >From there on, `JNI_VERSION_1_8` will work. I will change all android files in any case to `JNI_VERSION_1_6`. ------------- PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2175#issuecomment-6047605428 PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2175#discussion_r4212359815
