Well, apparently the *preload: true* to the tile parameter of the OSM
Basemap layer solved the issue. Not sure I understand why, since all other
layers didn't need that in order to appear on the main map. Perhaps someone
faces the same situation.

openlayers-dev+apn2wqefggiwbthbqg6pzax1revytc5tblkpc67crwht0l...@googlegroups.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlayers-dev/CAOsrJXvbD8FHexEjh3u0s9KU%2B%2BmZM%3DTt7WGFLxj1Ti%3DbqrpYsg%40mail.gmail.com.