Hello Andreas,

  Yes, this clarifies a lot.  The fact that you'll still use Closure
Compiler and a mean of typing is reassuring.  For me, well for my existing
projects, I'll simply need to be patient and see how things turn out in OL
and migrate accordingly.  For new projects, I'll look more into the new
possibilities.  For example, I never used TypeScript, but it seems like a
good thing to try to deal with typing the code.  I'll give this a try.

  I'll definitively continue watching the progression towards OL 5.

Thank you very much for the answer,
Alexandre Dubé

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openlayers-dev/545a176b-b4a5-472e-83ee-22f01ee7876b%40googlegroups.com.