--On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:01 PM +0100 Howard Chu <h...@symas.com> wrote:

Michael Ströder wrote:
On 4/22/20 6:15 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Are there any contrib modules that we should consider promoting to
mainline for the 2.5 series?  I.e., sha2, argon2 seem like potential
options.

+1 for pw-sha2 and pw-argon2.

sha2 is already obsolete, for password purposes. I see no reason to
promote it.

Ok. I would note that the argon2 module adds a dependency on a 3rd party library, so we'd need to add detection for it?

That's one reason to keep pw-sha2.  It's still better than the default SSHA.

Or perhaps to get bcrypt added, if we can ever get a proper response from the author.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect