Thank you Oscar.
Dan also provided a good solution. I think both of them work like a charm.
The problem for me is that i wanted to do it all in a GUI (Apache Directory
Studio) which messes up with backend and database or even object indexes.

Anyway now i managed to do that using slapxxx and old good ldapmodify.
Thank you a lot.
Do you know a good policy for increamental backup? I mean i only have now
10000 users but in the future it will really get bigger and i hate to dump
the whole database
every night.

Στις Πέμ, 22 Σεπ 2016 στις 9:37 π.μ., ο/η Óscar Remírez de Ganuza
Satrústegui <oscar...@unav.es> έγραψε:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Nikolas Stylianides <
> nstyliani...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Is there a howto move from hdb to mdb?
>>
>> Can i have hdb and mdb running at the same time?
>>

> I see no problem to have them on different servers.
> You can set a new server with mdb backend, import a dump (slapcat(8) +
> slapadd(8)) and start replicating from your actual servers.
>
> And then, after some testing, you can make the switch between servers.
>
> Regards,
>

> *Oscar Remírez de Ganuza Satrústegui*
> IT Services
> Universidad de Navarra
> Tel. +34 948425600 x803130
> http://www.unav.edu/web/it/
>

> --
Δρ. Νικόλας Στυλιανίδης
Ηλεκτρολόγος Μηχανικός και Μηχ. Υπολογιστών

Nikolas Stylianides, Dr.
Dr. Eng. in Electrical & Computer Engineering

Contacts
-------------
Mobile Tel.: +35796741315
Email: nstyliani...@leafnet.com.cy, nstyliani...@gmail.com
Skype: nicostyl

Affilication
LEAF NET LTD: Research & Development
Open University of Cyprus: Research Associate, APPLIED HEALTH INFORMATICS
Master Programme Academic Board Member

Tο λακωνίζειν εστί φιλοσοφείν / Μηδέν Άγαν - Χίλων ο Λακεδαιμόνιος:

Brevity is the soul of wit - Shakespeare William (Hamlet)